1) Upload the downloaded zip file to your server. you can upload anywhere inside your public_html folder or any sub-folder you want. Just keep in mind the directory where you have uploaded it. Unzip the file. Go to your preferred web browser and type the url where you have unzipped the file. For example - if you have a domain example.com and you have unzipped the files inside a folder ‘school’, the url will be example.com/school
After you have entered the url on your browser will see the screen below:
This is the first step of the installation. Before starting the installation process, you will need to have CodeCanyon purchase code, the database name, database username, database password and database host. You can get the purchase code from your purchase information on codecanyon, for having the database information, you will need to create a new database on your server. You will also need to make sure that the files in/application/config/database.php and/application/config/routes.php have write permission. You should also check if php curl is enabled on your server or not.
2) After you hit the ‘Start Installation Process’ button you will see the screen below:
This screen checks if the required files have the write permission and curl is enabled or not. If these are not enabled, you will face issues in the installation process. So make sure that all the three points on that screen have a green check mark. If everything is fine and you hit the ‘Continue’ button will be presented with this screen
3) Here you will need to insert your previously created database credentials correctly. The installer will check if the informations are correct after you hit the ‘Continue’ button:
Database Type: Choose here your database driver.
Database Name: Enter your database name.The name of the database you want to use with this application
Username: Enter database username.
Password: Enter database password.
Database Host: Enter host name. If 'localhost' does not work, you can get the hostname from web host
Table Prefix: Create a table prefix or use the randomly generated one. Ideally four or five characters long, it may only contain alphanumeric characters and MUST end in an underscore. Make sure that the prefix chosen is not already used by other tables.
4) After click on "Continue" will be display:
Now all you have to do is hit the ‘Install’ button which will automatically import the database of the application to your created database. Please wait while the import operation is being done. This may take a while according to your server performance.
5) After the installer has successfully imported the database, you will get the following page:
Fill up the informations required and hit the button ‘Setmeup’. This will save your school name and administrator login credentials which will be required later for logging in into the application and will present the following page.
6) After click on "Set me up" will be display:
Now hit the ‘LogIn’ button which will redirect you to the backend of the application where you will be able to login as an administrator using the email and password you have entered in the previous step.